Watercolour International II Logo

Watercolour International II Logo

Δευτέρα 31 Μαρτίου 2014

HANNIE RIEUWERTS

The unpredictable flow of the paint and the colours merging into each other attracted me to watercolour painting 30 years ago. Even now every painting is an adventure, a challenge between the pigments, the water and myself. I love the transparency. That offers the opportunity to create more depth in the colours because of the layers which  can be created. I look for atmosphere and mood in every subject I paint. Light and dark must play a game in all my creations.

I am a member of the Dutch watercolour society ACN and the Belgium AIB. In the past I have won a variety of prizes (of which three were first prizes) by art magazine “Atelier” . Last year a watercolour of mine came second in the Painting of the Year competition in Holland. My work has been exhibited in several locations: last year, amongst others, in Antwerp,  Mons ,  Amsterdam , Utrecht  and The  Hague. In 2013 I was the face of (and on) the  Talens water colour sets in the “ It’s Me “ campaign in 40 countries world-wide in honour of the Van Gogh Year (limited edition).

I have been a member of the jury in 2 watercolour contests of the IWS in 2012 and 2104.

I give watercolour workshops and art classes . 
You can find more of my Artwork at www.aquarieuwerts.nl


Against the light, watercolour, 37 x 49 cm

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου